Home About NASWC General NASWC Questions
General NASWC Questions Print
Saturday, 06 June 2009 01:43

Below are answers to some common questions about NASWC.

What is NASWC?

NASWC is the Neighborhood Association of Southwestern Williamson County, located just Northwest of Austin, Texas. You will hear neighbors pronounce our name “NAZ-wik.” Our Association membership is dedicated to promoting the general welfare of the residents and resources of the geographical area as well as protecting property values in the area bounded by 620 to the North, Anderson Mill Road to the South, Hwy 183 to the West and Parmer Lane to the East. This website and all of our work for the welfare of our community and the residents is done by community volunteers.

Association Profile

NASWC's membership is composed of over 500 households in the encompassed neighborhoods. All Officers, Board Members, and Committee Members are volunteers dedicated to serving their neighbors and making the area a wonderful place to live where all members feel safe and have a strong sense of community.

Membership in NASWC offers several benefits, including discounted trash, recycling, and bulk trash pick-up services;  the Oak Post newsletter;  and active participation in zoning, new growth planning, health and safety, and growth issues which affect your property values and standard of living.

NASWC holds general meetings once every calendar quarter in the Office/Clubhouse at the Town and Country Sports Complex. Meeting notices are distributed by postcards mailed to each member prior to the meetings, posted on the NASWC sign at Broadmeade and Anderson Mill Road, and signs are placed around the neighborhood a few days prior to meetings.


How can I join?

Obtain a membership application here. Print it out, fill it in and mail it with your membership dues to:

P. O. Box 170297
Austin, Texas 78717

You must be at least 18 years old and a resident within our geographical boundaries in order to join NASWC. If you have questions about the membership fee or if you need information about the discounted trash rate available, please email Mail('treas')

How can I get the discounted trash pickup?

Step 1 - Join NASWC if you are not already a member.

Step 2 - The discounted trash service for NASWC members is provided by Round Rock Refuse (RRR). You can email the treasurer at Mail('treas') or call Treasurer, Linda Finley, at 258-0794. There is also a place on the membership form to indicate that you want to sign up for RRR service.

Step 3 - AFTER we notify you by phone or e-mail that the garbage company has been advised of your membership, YOU must call RRR at 512-255-4980 to establish your service with their company.

Please Note: If you establish service with RRR before your NASWC membership is confirmed, you will have to wait until the next quarterly billing for RRR to give you the discounted rate. So wait until you hear from NASWC, confirming your membership before you call RRR!

I live in a MUD within the NASWC Community. Can I still join?

Yes, NASWC is for all residents in our area.

For only $25 per year, NASWC gives you a voice where you may not have one. For example, in order for a Municipal Utility District to exist, it must agree to not protest annexation proceedings. Thus, residents in that MUD who oppose annexation have no representation fighting for them.

NASWC, however, believes homeowners opinions must be represented at county and city levels. Thus, like our work on Zoning issues, law enforcement issues, or our work with the County, the neighbors in NASWC are prepared to deal with difficult questions which directly affect taxes, property values, or health and safety – like annexation.

If I have an idea. So can I join NASWC and work on my idea through the Association?

More than likely, yes! We believe that if people see the need, then we need to see the people working on it!

What does the Neighborhood Association of Southwestern Williamson County do?

  • Work with developers and the City of Austin on area zoning issues
  • Award two scholarships to two worthy, graduating seniors annually
  • Host the National Night out in August for the entire community
  • Address Restrictive Covenant violations within our community
  • Deal with issues which pertain to Williamson County Commissioner Lisa Birkman’s Precinct 1
  • Share information that is pertinent to life in our community through emails and newsletter
  • In the past, we helped form and lead the group which successfully ended the plan to toll 183 when roadway was expanded
  • NASWC also successfully fought and ended the plan that would have bussed our middle school students away from Deerpark Middle School, our community middle school.

Our General Meetings are open to everyone in the NASWC area. Voting on issues/business in those meetings is restricted to members. To join, go here. You must be a member in good standing for a minimum of 15 days before a meeting in which you plan to vote.

Who are the Officers of NASWC?

Bryan Finley is our Association President. From the home page, click on General Info, and click on Contact Info to view the list of Officers. Click here to jump directly to the officer list.

What is required to become an officer in NASWC?

You must be a member in good standing. Membership requires that you are at least 18 years of age, live in the NASWC Community, and your dues are paid in full, meaning that your check has cleared the bank and you have been added to our roster.

I saw a broken street sign/nasty pot holes in the street/drainage problems, what can I do?

Call Bryan Finley, 258-0794, is our County and City Liaison. He checks on problems first hand, determines which jurisdiction it is in, and contacts the appropriate department about it.

Do we have a Neighborhood Watch Coordinator?

Yes, his name is Mack Sherrod. Contact him at 258-6173; email This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it